Course of sculptural portrait from a photograph
Aquest curs se centrarà en construir un retrat en tres dimensions, usant terra refractària. Al procés d’aprenentatge durant la construcció se sumarà l’exercici de l’observació, capacitat que ens permetrà ser acurats amb les proporcions i aconseguir el màxim grau de similitud entre el model i l’escultura.
Una vegada acabat el modelatge realitzarem el buidatge de l’escultura, per a ajudar al seu assecat i per a preveure una posterior cocció de la figura en el forn ceràmic.
Completed the course:
- You will know how to choose the right materials and tools for modeling.
- You will be able to observe a photographed bust and reproduce it in great detail.
- You will know the proportions of a human bust, being able to build proportionate figures, correct both formally and gesturally.
- You will obtain realistic finishes.
- You will master the process of casting a sculpture for firing in any ceramic kiln.
May 16, 2022
Upcoming start dates: February 2 and 9, 2022.
On the first day we will begin by explaining the type of structure we will use, how to work with the tools we will have and what steps to follow to build the portrait, before proceeding to its modeling. From a structure, which will serve as a base and support, we will model the portrait with refractory earth, one of the best earths for sculpture.
The second day of the course will be entirely dedicated to work on the modeling of the portrait.
On the third and last day we will finish learning how to divide, empty and assemble our sculpture, preparing it for firing in a ceramic kiln at 1000º C, once it is completely dry.
Other details of interest
- The course will be held at Natàlia Ferré’s Studio, located inside the Tarragona Marina, and will last 9 hours.
- Classes will be held on May 16 and 17, 2022.
- A maximum of 8 people will be able to register, a number that guarantees 100% personalized attention from the teacher.
- It will be essential to bring at least 4 folio size photos of the bust of the person chosen for the portrait. These photographs, which must have good resolution, will be used to comfortably observe all the facial and anatomical features of the model.
- It is not necessary to have previous sculptural notions, as each process will be explained step by step, from start to finish.
- The registration fee includes all materials.