Course of sculptural figure from a natural model
This course will focus on building a figure in three dimensions, using refractory earth. To the learning process during the construction we will add the exercise of observation, ability that will allow us to be careful with the proportions and to reach the maximum degree of similarity between the model and the sculpture.
Once the modeling is finished we will carry out the casting of the sculpture, to help its drying and to foresee a later firing of the figure in the ceramic kiln.
Completed the course:
- You will know how to choose the right materials and tools for modeling.
- You will be able to observe a natural model and reproduce it in great detail.
- You will know the proportions of the human body, being able to build proportionate figures, correct both formally and gesturally.
- You will obtain realistic finishes.
- You will master the process of casting a sculpture for firing in any ceramic kiln.
May 18, 2022
On the first day we will begin by explaining the type of structure we will use, how to work with the tools we will have and what steps to follow to build the figure, before proceeding to its modeling.
On the last day we will finish learning how to divide, empty and assemble our sculpture, preparing it for firing in a ceramic kiln at 1000º C, once it is completely dry.
Other details of interest
- The course will be held at Natàlia Ferré’s Studio, located inside the Tarragona Marina, and will last 20 hours.
- Classes will be held on May 18, 19 and 20, 2022.
- A maximum of 8 people can register, a number that guarantees 100% personalized attention from the teacher.
- It is not necessary to have previous sculptural notions, as each process will be explained step by step, from start to finish.
- The registration fee includes all materials.